Vacations are just around the corner and if you’re travelling to the wonderful Spanish speaking countries in Latin America, this is the survival Spanish guide for you.
In order to make you easier this trip and to help you improve your travel experience, we share with you some of the most usefull expressions to travel in Spanish.
The adventure of a travel in Spanish
I’m sure you want to be polite, so there are some words and expressions that you need to learn in order to be nice. Here you will find the simple words used to greet and thank in Spanish
- Hola / Hi
- Chao / Bye
- Adiós / Bye
- Por favor / Please
- Gracias / Thank you
- De nada / You’re welcome
Spanish to make friends
The most amazing thing about languages is that they open your mind and erase borders. Now you have the chance to meet even more people. Here I share some o the expressions and words that will help you do so.
- Me llamo + nombre / My name is + name
- ¿Cómo te llamas? / What’s your name?
- Soy de + país / I’m from + country
- ¿Quieres bailar/ Do you want to dance?
- Es un gusto conocerte / Nice to meet you
Usefull expressions when you are lost
- ¿En qué lugar estamos? / Where are we?
- ¿Estamos cerca de + lugar? / Are we close to + place?
- ¿Cómo llego a + lugar? / How can I get to + place?
- ¿Cuál bus me lleva a +lugar? / Which bus takes me to + place?
- Ve derecho / go forward
- Gira a la derecha / Turn right
- Gira a la izqueirda / Turn left
- Llévanos al + lugar / Take us to + place
In emergencies is when you need the most the Spanish
- Necesito un doctor / I need a doctor
- Mi tipo de sangre es + Tipo de sangre / My blood type is + blood type
- Rh Positivo (+) / Rh Positive (+)
- Rh negativo ( -) / Rh negative (-)
- Soy alérgico a… / I’m allergic to…
- Necesito ayuda / I need help
When you get to the inmigration office, you will also use your Spanish
Check this video I made for you
If you want to learn more basic Spanish for travelers, come and join the course I made. Every one can buy a plane ticket, but just the advertures travel in Spanish.
BTW, in Latin America the chargers can be different from your home, so one of these would be really usefull for you
Hope you learn a lot today. Don’t forget to join my 4 hours Spanish for travelers course.