To beat the spanish you have to be the Spanish
If it’s possible to disrupt an entire word wide industry online, trust me, it’s possible to learn spanish or any other language online.
I’m sure you already download Duolingo or Rosetta Stone, but you aren’t fluent in all the language you would like to. This is because we are focusing on tools to learn a language and not the principles that will make us learn spanish online and not to die in the attempt.
These are the 3 principal and essential attitudes that will make you achieve your dream of being fluent in Spanish:
- Discipline and self motivation: this is like going to the gym. You need to face that language learning is a lifestyle, so you need to live the language you are learning every day of your life. Without a doubt you will face days that your mind is tired… but as all things in live, you need to be committed to what you want. It’s also important to always keep in mind the reasons why you are learning the language. You need to dig in your hearth to find the real purpose that motivates you.
- Get out of the comfort zone and start the immersion program: you can have a digital immersion in Spanish. you need to surround yourself with chances to practice the language. To do so I recommend you 3 easy things that you can start to do right now:
- Listen to music in Spanish: all of us listen to music and love music. Then, be proactive and start to fill your Spotify account with music in Spanish. In other to help you with this tool, I already build this “playlist” with music for you, and you can find more music here.
- Netflix time will become learnflix time: follow in Netflix series and movies in Spanish. Here you can find 5 great movies that will help you to practice.
- Don’t waste your time in social networks… unless you start to make them help you practice Spanish: Go to the language settings of your facebook account and select Spanish as your language. Do the same thing with your smartphone’s language. In this way you will have “lazy” contact with Spanish and trust me, it helps you to train in a passive way. You can also start following Instagram and youtube accounts that talk about your passions in Spanish. For example if you love to travel, than follow AlanxElMundo, or if you want to practice with short lessons, You can follow Español con Maria on Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube.
- Train in the language Gym: you need practice, to do so start with easy exercises and activities.When you can understand Spanish, join a practice group or find a language buddy. On Facebook you can find groups like this one where people connect to practice, and on my website you can practice with short courses full of exercises like this one.
In conclusion, with this post I want you to leave with the idea that you can learn Spanish online, and to really learn it by hearth, you need to make it part of your life. You can register for free in Español con Maria to join the free Spanish courses I made for you. You can also join our premium membership to unlock premium courses that will help you speak spanish easily.
PD: I’m learning English, so sorry for the possible mistakes 😀